How to win playing at Online Slot games
Slot machines used to be the most popular casino game ever in the olden days. Those who live through those times will have vivid recollect of slot machines with rolling wheels and a lever attached to the side of the machine. Put a coin in, pull the lever and when three similar symbols stopped on the line, the machine will give a cascading jingle of coins into the cup below. The excitement it gives people is hard to forget.
History of the Slot machine:
The first known use of slot machines goes way back into 1891. It used to be also known as One-armed Bandit and is popularly called Fruit machine in the UK. This gambling device is played by dropping one or more coins on the slot and pulling a lever on the side or pushing a button. This sets the three or more reels spinning. The reels have different symbols on them. The most common symbols on slots are picture of fruits – cherries, plums, lemons, watermelons etc., and the words Jackpot and Bar. Once the rotating reel comes to rest, the win is decided by how many identical symbols line up horizontally on the line. The machine pays off by dropping the winning number of coins in the cup or trough in the lower part of the machine.
The first coin operated slot machine in recorded history was built by a San Francisco mechanic named Charles August Fey in 1894(Source wikipedia.org). The first three reel slot machine with automatic payout named Card Bell was built by him in 1898. This slot had playing card symbols on the reels and when symbols line up to form poker hands winnings were given.
Online Slot machines:
Online Slot machines are online versions of the physical slot machines and take the exact form of ‘brick and mortar’ gambling devices you see in the land-based casinos. It is a pictorial representation of them. The current online slots today are much more varied in the number and symbols on the reels. They also can have not only one but several winning lines, some more than 30.
How to play Online Slot machines:
Online slot machines today are much more complex than earlier ones. To play, the first thing is to choose the bet or coins. It can be as low as 1 cent or as high as a dollar and above. Then next thing is to choose the number of lines you want to bet. Some machines have upto 30 lines. Once you make your selection click on the Spin button. The reels will spin for some time. When it comes to rest, the winnings are decided by the number and type of symbols that line up on the lines you are betting. To know what and how many symbols make up a win click on the Paytable button.
Most of the online slots today have extra bonus rounds included in them. Depending on which slots you are playing, these bonus rounds when activated by the presence of the required number of bonus symbols, will give you an extra round where you can win large amounts of money. The bonus round is what makes these slot machines particularly fun to play.
As with the land based casinos, online slots have huge Progressive Jackpot that can fall to any slot player chosen in random by the Online Casino’s computer. This progressive bonus usually amounts to a couple hundred thousands or million dollars. Note that not every slot games have this progressive jackpot included in them. The specific games which gives you the chance to become millionaires are called Progressive Slots.
If clicking on the Spin button continuously become tiresome, you can set the slot to Auto-Spin mode. In this mode you can set the number of auto spins that you want, set the win amount above which the mode will stop or set the bonus round to trigger the mode to halt and then just watch the slot spinning without the need to click.
Online Slots Tips – How to win from Online Casino slots:
- It is always a good idea to know the kind of slot machine thoroughly before play. Go to the Paytable and study the winning symbols and the lines carefully.
- Most online casinos have have Practice Play mode where you can familiarise yourself with the games. Use this mode to practice and to know the kind of winnings, bets and lines. That will come in handy when you play for real money. Another way is to use the no deposit bonuses and play for real money with no risk. One other less risky way is to be new players bonuses – Best Casino Sign Up bonuses.
- One of the most important thing to do before you start clicking “SPIN”. Check the amount of bet! Most online slot games set the amount of bet at maximum on default. This may be £25! You might be lose all your balance before you realise the mistake.
- Remember that online slot machines have payout percentages that are lower than most of the other games. This means that the House has more Edge over you compared to other kind of games. So gamble wisely.
- The most important rule of any gambling activity, the hallmark of a good professional gambler is knowing when to increase the stakes and when to walk away.
- When you are bored or tired, stop. Walk away whether you win or lose. Take a break. Do other things and then if you choose to, come again when your mind is clear.
- Never get to the point of being frustrated with the machine. Remember it is just a computer throwing random number generator results at you.
- Do not try to recover your losings on a particular slot thinking that the time will eventually come for payouts. Contrary to popular beliefs, a slot which pays before is more likely to pay again than it is for a non-paying slot to suddenly goes into a paying frenzy.
- If you are eyeing for the Progressive Jackpot, play maximum bet. Most online slots softwares enable the progressive jackpot only in maximum bet mode and many of those will say that your chance increase with increasing bet value.
- Special Cautionary Tip: There seems to be a new trend in the newer online slot games where a glitch in the software caused unexpected losses. When a player loads the new game, as soon as the game becomes fully loaded, any clicks or actions (not even the spin button) causes the game to spin with the bet already set at the highest value. If you happen to win, that is well and good. But most times you will be betting without your consent and the player who wants to bet 10p per spin can lost £10 on one spin unwillingly. Because of this occurrence, players should be extra careful on the first game loading. If possible, load the game in demo mode first if available.